Property Processes

Who's My Officer

If you need to speak with the officer on your case but do not know the name or the phone number of the officer, you should contact the LMPD Records Office.

Other's Property

Property Room personnel cannot give information about another person's property. To obtain property that belongs to another person (living or deceased), you must acquire a court order giving you the right to the property or have a valid notarized statement from the owner giving you permission to obtain the property or provide proof of Power-of-Attorney (POA).

Storage Length

Property is only held for 90 days from the date the letter is issued. After 90 days, the items are disposed of per Kentucky State Law and you have no legal claim to them. Please make arrangements to pick up your property immediately.