Report a Tip / Crime
It is the mission of the Louisville Metro Police Department (LMPD) to deliver professional, effective services, fairly and ethically, at all times, to all people, in order to prevent crime, control crime and enhance the overall quality of life for citizens and visitors.
We encourage and promote community involvement on all levels to achieve these ends.
Anonymous Tip Line
The phone number 502-574-LMPD was established to create a partnership between the LMPD and the community to prevent and control crime in your neighborhoods. If you are aware of a crime or wanted person in your community, you are encouraged to call 502-574-LMPD. You can call 574-LMPD (5673) or toll free 866-649-4479, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When leaving information, you can remain anonymous or leave contact information for follow up opportunities.
You may ask yourself, "why should I get involved?" The answer is simple. Calling 502-574-LMPD not only helps stop crime, but it enhances the overall quality of life of everyone in your community by getting criminals, who target innocent people, off the streets. It also helps hold offenders accountable for their actions.
How to Submit a Tip
You can safely and anonymously submit your crime tips in several convenient ways:
- Call an anonymous tip line at 502-574-LMPD (5673) and talk on the Tip Line
- Long distance, call 866-649-4479 and talk on the Tip Line
- Enter a tip on our website with our online form
- Download the application (P3 Tips) for Androids and iPhones
You can also submit a tip to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). To report illegal firearm activity, please call 800-ATF-GUNS (283-4867).
How to Review or Update your Tip
You can review or update your tip in the following ways:
- If you called, you can call 502-574-LMPD (5673) back and give them your crime tip # or simply give the additional information that you have.
- If you entered it online or through your P3 Tips app, you can visit www.p3tips.com and enter your provided code information.